Monday, March 21, 2016

16 Reasons Why Dogs Are Literally the Best



After having my own dog for nearly three years, I have decided that there are just some reasons why dogs are literally the best. If you have a four legged bestie, then this is the post for you. Prepare yourself for all the feels.

1. They are great snugglers
Whenever you need a little TLC, your dog will always be there for you. I have a huge Bernese Mountain Dog, who is almost as big as I am. He is the best one to cuddle with, because he's big and fluffy and so sweet.



2. They think you are the greatest person to ever walk God's green earth
Dogs genuinely think that you are the best thing they have ever seen. They love you freely, no matter what you do or how bad of a mood you're in. They genuinely think you are the most important person, and that's unconditional love.


3. They encourage you to exercise
Having a dog has made me far more active then I used to be. Because of Bentley, I am constantly always wanting to go out on walks or hikes, because I know he loves them and needs them.


4. Dogs won't ever let you eat alone
Some might say it's begging, but the fact of the matter is, you really never will have to eat alone.


5. They're fine just laying around and watching Netflix


6. They won't ever leave your side
When I was struggling with my auto immune disease this summer and fall and then my car accident over the last few weeks, Bentley has not left me once. He is always walking right alongside me or resting next to me, constantly making sure I am okay. He thinks it's his job to protect me, and I love that.


7. They'll greet you like you've been gone for a thousand years, even if you only stepped out the door for five minutes


8. They find joy in everything
Bentley legitimately gets excited about everything. He gets excited if you throw a ball for him, or if you ask him if he wants to go for a ride or a walk, or even if you just say his name. Everything is a matter of joy to him.


9. Owning a dog can protect you from heart disease and other sicknesses


10. They can always make you laugh
If you say dogs don't make you laugh, then you are probably a liar. They're hilarious! And they don't mind looking goofy.


11. Kisses - need I say more?


12. They scare away unwanted wildlife
I live way out in the sticks, and because of that we have a lot of wildlife around us. With Bentley around, he helps keep us and our yard safe by barking and scaring all of the bears, bobcats and other unwanted wildlife away.


13. They keep your bed warm


14. They love all the same shows and music you like


15. They are known to help people who suffer from anxiety and depression
A few months after I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, I was starting to have all of these panic attacks and anxiety problems while I was away at school. My doctor told me I had a temporary anxiety problem due to low levels of seratonin in my brain, all a product of my autoimmune disease. I could say the meds are helping, or that the people around me are helping, but mostly, Bentley is helping. Dogs make you want to get up in the morning and enjoy life alongside them.


16. Mostly, dogs are literally best because somehow, despite the fact that we are selfish and strange, they love us with an unconditional kind of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment