Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Peanut Butter Cookies


When I decided to give up gluten and dairy in order to try and calm down my autoimmune disease (which it did, thank goodness! It really does work, people), I was a little overwhelmed by the fact that a lot of my favorite foods were now no longer allowed to be eaten. Mac and cheese, hamburger buns, cookies, cake, you name it and I knew I was going to have to figure out how to substitute it somehow. Thankfully, there are so many dairy-free and gluten-free options out there nowadays, it's fairly easy to find food that I can actually eat, but finding food that I can cook was a little more difficult, especially when it came to the area, of cookies. Cookies are my guilty pleasure. I could literally eat them all the time, and since my heart rate is so fast thanks to my autoimmune disease and my fast metabolism, I basically can eat as much of them as I please! Peanut butter is also my guilty pleasure, so that's why I decided to share my recipe of gluten and dairy-free peanut butter cookies! They're so easy and they're only a few ingredients, so it hardly takes any time at all to make them.

What You Will Need:
- Sugar
- Brown sugar
- Eggs
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla
- A baking sheet
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A mixer (or something you can use to mix all of this up)

There isn't really any special way to add all this together, so I usually just add all of the ingredients together, mix it in, and then bake it. I typically make a double or triple batch because my entire family loves soft peanut butter cookies and these cookies are so good, you can't just have one. If you make one batch, it should make 12 small to medium sized cookies.

Directions:
1. Set your oven to 350
2. Mix in
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 egg (although you can do 2 eggs if you want the cookies to be a little lighter)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
3. Once you're done mixing all of this up, you can roll them into tiny balls or just use a small ice cream scoop and set them on the baking sheet
4. I usually press a fork into my peanut butter cookies and then just sprinkle a teeny tiny tad of sugar on top, but if you don't want to use a fork or the sugar, just flatten out the cookies with the back end of the ice cream scoop you used
5. Bake for 7-12 minutes; if you make smaller cookies, 7 minutes should be perfect, but if you want to make bigger cookies like I usually do, it can take between 10 and 12 minutes to bake
6. Take the cookies out of the oven, let them cool, and then ENJOY!

There you have it! My super easy and delicious gluten-free and dairy-free peanut butter cookies. These are excellent to share with friends and family, and they're super quick to whip up. And, you can share these with all your gluten-free and dairy-free friends too. Whether kids or adults, everyone is sure to love these cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment