Sunday, March 27, 2016

You Might Be a Homeschooler If...






I have been a homeschooler for as long as I can remember. As soon as I was in kindergarten, I was homeschooled until I was a junior in high school, where I went to college and finished up both my high school career as well as my prerequisites for college. But being homeschooled comes with a lot of responsibility and interesting comments. So here is a list of things that might pertain to you if you too, were once a homeschooler.

You might a homeschooler if...

- the Magic School Bus was "educational"

- going to the grocery store counted as a "field trip"

- other people asked you at the store if you should be in class right now

- cooking lunch or dinner for your family counted as home economics

- you ever had to read the History of Us books - ugh, I hated those things

- you ever had to ask your mom for a break

- you ever had to do over the school because your mom wanted you to "work ahead"

- your friends ever ask you why you don't go to "real school"

- you had to suffer through Saxon Math...come on guys, we've all had to suffer through it at one point

- your mom taught you literature, English and History and your dad covered science and math

- you ever listened to "Adventures in Odyssey"

- you ever had to attend co-op once a week

- school was cancelled because mom was sick (who said a teacher could only have so many sick days?!)

- you ever went skiiing or snowboarding on the discounted "homeschooler" Thursdays

- anyone ever asked you if you have "real friends"

- people doubt your social skills

- Abecca; need I say more?

- you ever made movies with your siblings and other homeschool friends

- playing outside is the same as PE or recess

- vacations happen in the middle of winter

- you suffered through that awkward "where do you go to school" conversation

- you rocked a lot of skirts...like...all the time

- your principle was your dad

- school can happen anywhere - Starbucks, McDonalds, Panera Bread...literally, anywhere

- you watch Blimey Cow religiously

- you have a lot of siblings

- you court, not date

- you aren't quite sure what grade you're in

- you make fun of kids who have to go to school ALL DAY!

- your siblings are your best friends

- your bed is also your desk

- you and all your siblings have Bible names

These are just a few of the ways you might be a homeschooler. I hope this touches all the hearts of my fellow homeschool peeps. And if you're reading this and aren't a homeschooler, well, you'll be all the more educated! I have loved being homeschooled, and I can't wait till I have kids and get to homeschool them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment